Monday 6 December 2010

Game of Thrones Update

Over the past few months we’ve been avidly following the filming of Game of Thrones, HBO’s upcoming television series - click here for my earlier post and set photos. I’ll be glued to this series anyway when it premieres next April as I love the whole fantasy/medieval thing, but the fact it’s been filmed pretty much on our doorstep makes it even more enticing.

HBO recently released a new, behind the scenes video (see below) and the amount of detail in the sets and costumes is amazing. The snowy woodland location is Tollymore Forest Park
in the foothills of the Mourne Mountains (one of my favourite weekend walking haunts), and I should probably mention that the sunny scenes were filmed in Malta… if it looks wet, snowy or bleak then needless to say it’s Northern Ireland!


1 comment:

Victoria said...

Wow...and yay...this looks fantastic!